Due to current health concerns of COVID-19, the Museum will be closed until further notice.
 

Get "Ready for our close up" re-opening.

Mar 10, 7:30 PM PST
Fox Blondes - Online Event

Tickets Now On Sale! On Wednesday, March 10th at 7:30PM Hollywood Heritage and The Hollywood Foreign Press Association will present a virtual tribute to The Fox Blondes - Alice Faye & Betty Grable! Featuring a CD release party of two forthcoming Sepia Records CDs which will include rare soundtrack songs from the their films of the 30's and 40's.

The tribute will be hosted by Hollywood Heritage Board Member Bryan Cooper and will feature exclusive interviews with Grammy & Emmy Nominated Singer/Songwriter Michael Feinstein, as well as George Ulrich, Faye expert and webmaster of The Alice Faye Website. Plus, trailers, rare music clips and more!

 

In addition we'll be celebrating the careers of other notable Fox blondes such as Sonja Henie, June Haver, Marilyn Monroe, Jayne Mansfield & Sheree North! You'll also want to check out our online shop which will be stocked with rare books, DVDs, Blu-Rays and CDs featuring all of the ladies.

 

T H E    H O L L Y W O O D    H E R I T A G E    M U S E U M

Hollywood Heritage, Inc. has owned and operated the Lasky DeMille barn since 1982. The building was originally constructed as a horse barn in 1904 by Jacob Stern, whose estate was on Vine Street, just south of Prospect Ave. (later Hollywood Blvd.). Called "Casa Las Palmas" it had been built earlier by Col. Robert Northam. In early 1912, Louis Loss Burns (later founder of Western Costume) and director Harry Revier rented it from Mr. Stern, whose only condition was that half the barn would have to be reserved for his horses and automobiles. The newly rechristened Burns & Revier Studio and Film Laboratory. When Cecil B. DeMille, Director-General of the Jesse L. Lasky Company came West to find a location to shoot his planned film, "The Squaw man," he was told of the barn studio and subsequently rented it. The success of this neophyte film company led to a merger with Adolph Zukor's Famous Players Film Company and the eventual establishment of Paramount Pictures. The barn was moved to the new Paramount lot in 1927 and after 52 years as the studio gym on the Melrose Avenue studio, the barn became a museum in 1985.

O U R   S P O N S O R S

The Jack and Victoria Horne Oakie Foundation
Follow Us
twitter-bird.png
insta singe.jpg

Hollywood Heritage Museum + Archive + Preservation Society

2100 N. Highland Ave.

Hollywood, CA 90028

Museum Hours:

closed until further notice

NEWS

Telephone:  (323) 874.2276  

Email: store@hollywoodheritage.org

© 2021 Hollywood Heritage, Inc.